Why have I not written Part #2 of this Story about "The Birds & the Bees..."???

Oh Dear Ones, I have definitely left this blog hangin' for the last month.... but not in vain,  see the exciting list below of all the chaos I have been stirring up over the past month  THEN
  I shall endeavor to continue with Part. 2 of The Birds & Bees & more info to share about RAINN.  So, here goes " the contents of my head.... &"Why"  (cheers for you annie lennox fans!)

To Done List....
Preparing for the NM Music Awards this Sun,  TV spot last night,
Finished my glamorous semester of Jazz Keyboard fabulousness @ Northern NM College (still not ready to jam with Chick Correa, but progress is being made Fm7 b11 is what I have to say about that to all you music nerds  like me  :)  
I am now over 6 weeks of being a non-smoker (this is good - except for the bad/sad/mad moments which were Most of the time and slowly becoming less & less...)
& my trip to NYC.... which is a nice segway into the topic of this little blog-let  (baby blog, like a piglet or a booklet - not quite a Capulet... This blog is not about tragic romance, at least not today - maybe next week)
NYC Rocked, I even stayed extra days!! when I left that little town I swore never to return but this trip was Delicious!   QT with dear friends, a lovely TendaBerry liason, too much pizza, a few nights without sleep, CbGb's Reunion Concert, a day on City Island, shopping adventures, etc et al...  AND most important we had a K**-A** CD Release for "Let It Rain" / RAINN benefit concert with the NYC Fab 3  (Melvin Greenwich on cello, Mary Noecker on Bass and the new gem of our quartet Rob Draghi on drums)  Drums?  After 2 days of chaos because the new drummer I had hired went MIA  just never showed up for rehearsal or  returned calls (still hasn't btw) suffice to say Rob appeared and all was happily ever after.  I will post video as soon as I can figure out how to xfer it from the camera to the computer (for now you can also see pix posted to my FB & myspace pages).  We had a great evening of talent at Kenny's Castaways in the heart of Greenwich Village,  a beautiful audience  and we raised $500 for RAINN  :)
I sincerely want to thank everyone who made this event a success including... the bands:
Green Tree, Sister Monk Harem, Bill Popp and the Tapes, Markeisha Ensley, & Meghann Robinson.  The man who made that happen?  Freddie Katz, sound engineer.   The Onion, The Village Voice, The Aquarian Times, Hothouse Jazz (to name a few) for supporting us with Press.  Maria and Kenny's for supporting this endeavor.   Well, it does seem I have rambled on... so stay tuned for next time When I will share (PROMISE!) part #2 of the Birds & the Bees.  It took me a whole blog of excuses to explain why I was delinquent in getting it to you sooner.   You must agree, it has been quite a month!  til' next time,  Love, Light & Many Blessings, Meredith Blis 

Comments

Popular Posts