"I Been in The Right Place And It feels like the Right Time...."

Yeah, I know I just scratched those lyrics -
I know it's supposed to be Right Place, WRONG Time - But for me right now... THAT would be the Wrong Song

For those of you who know me,
You Know that I LOVE Dr. John -
(I possess a passionate reverence for his music, vibe, keyboard skills, etc -and perhaps there's a little IKO, IKO for his demeanor & awe for his Damn Polished Hip-ness)
( A mermaid magnet on the keyboard will never be as Cool as a Vodoo Skull from New Orleans lol!)

So I write this little Blog from my new 'home' in the South - Nashville, TN
Found new little coffee joint, lots of cute, fun ones here - Today it is Fido, downtown by music row, huge space and yummy menu (too much veggie sausage for me @ Breakfast & now I'm too full!)

I left Taos @ July 7th to begin this musical adventure - first day was lovely traveling towards Morrison OK near Stillwater (that's about 1/2way btwn Tulsa & OK City) Decided to stay an extra day to spend some time with friends, went to get the oil changed and by the grace of god discovered that my radiator needed replacing - better there than on the highway, so I was waylaid for 2 extra days and that was fine for a bit....
Arrived in Nashville on Sunday night in the Rain - Had dinner with my friend Amy and started settling in!!

EveryDay I discover another reason Why I Like it Here (somedays I get two) - it's kinda fun game to play :)
So here's the List of 7 for this week

Sunday: My dear Friend Amy, An adorable home to stay in plus 2 cute, crazy dogs for company
Monday: People are Quiet at Open Mics and Really listen to the Music
Tuesday: The Sound @ Venues!! When you play at an open mic, the sound rocks! you can hear yourself and it feels good
This day people were really sweet too, got a great response to my stuff and a gig!!
Wednesday: The nice people @ ASCAP and Holy Moly, their offices here are Gorgeous - plus I have extra love for any space that has a Grand Piano in the Lobby
Thursday: God-Bless Air Conditioning & This town is Hotter than riding Hades Fiery Chariot in Hell AND then??? the AC broke which was bad, but by Thurs afternoon it was fixed thankfully, wo-wee!
Southern Charm is a REAL thing - ie: Amy insisted I stay at her house when my home was an oven without the AC
Friday: Jazz Bars, Wine Lists, Rock Clubs and Nice New Friends
Saturday: The Nice People @ NSAI - their songwriting rooms, their showcases, their mentors and resources
And I am real close by to my big brother, he's coming to visit tonight, gotta run and clean the new house :)

So that's a lot of the news for now
OH! and now you understand, Even though I LOVE Dr. John?
Refried Confusion is making itself Clear - My Head is in a Good Place & I wonder what it's bad for?
I feel like I'm in the Right Place, Right Time, Made a Right Turn and Wanna Write the Right Song
Sending all that Love and Blessings to You
Thanks for staying in touch
Big Hugs & Bliss
mer

Comments

Popular Posts