"That's the Sound of Sunshine Coming down" & a Taos Shout-Out!

Greetings Sunshiney People with Beautiful Rainbow Smiles

"Some days you lose, Some days you win, and the water's as high as the times you're in, so i just back in there where i learned to swim, try to keep my head above it the best i can, that's why..... here i am, waiting for this storm to pass my by
and that's the sound of sunshine coming down ..."

It's true, when the storm does pass there is always a rainbow at the other side - that's actually what's behind the title of and what most of the songs are about on Let It Rain (and a lot of my music...)

So, Why do I mention This song by Michael Franti & Spearhead?
Well, it struck me as poignant this week
ahhhhhhh MF&S make me think of Taos and a beautiful fond of memory of Solar Fest this past summer. What a Blast, they rocked and I spent the whole set smiling, dancing (like a fool!) and sharing the love with special friends.

This week I was feeling a little isolated in my new city and "the sunshine' tune came on the radio and it brought back this memory so I smiled again, like really, it uplifted my mood and gave me calm. This is the obvious blessing of music! & also what a good song is about - It helps to recall a memory, bring joy, or heal pain through a sympathetic vibration of lyrics and/or sound. Such a Gift!
"they say that miracles are never seizing, and every single soul needs a little releasing ....." this is too true....

Well, that's where I have been folks, listening to alt music in my car, settling into my new apt, meeting amazing people in a wonderful new city, writing music, playing music, Yoga-ing (kundalinirisingyoga.com). Have just completed my certification to teach a kiya called Bound Lotus!! This has been an amazing journey (& accomplishment) for me. I think I will blog more about that soon....

AND ...... over the next few weeks I am going to be debuting a new site! Music Theory for Rock Stars (everything you always wanted to know about music, but were afraid to ask....) more details on the way, so begin gathering your questions.... and you can send 'em here if you want Meredithblis.fanbridge.com/fan_questions/

In closing, (very formal)
A Shout-Out for you (triggered by the memory of margaritas consumed @ solar fest...)
Dear Taos, "I say hey, I be gone today, But I be back around the way Seems like everywhere I go, The more I see, the less I know But I know one thing, that I love you, I love you, I love you...." (also by MF&S)
& I do miss you :)


Love, Light and Blessings to you always
Meredith

Comments

Popular Posts