Hey! Can I Move Your Piano Outside?

Hiya Folks
It feels nice to be back in blog land today talking to You. In my cute Nashville apt, the sun is peeking through a grey-blue sky and I'm cozy on my one piece of furniture. Still need a couch and some bookcases, but very content and looking forward to a nice quiet day at home. (well, my TN home, as many of you already know, my heart belongs to Taos :)

Spent last weekend in Denver at the Durango Music Expo - so it seems, The Durango Music Expo is not IN Durango, CO ?? I found this a bit confusing.... (it's also held in CA each February) The founders are from Durango and I guess that they want to travel to different cities too!?!? I say that's definitely a bit misleading -lol! but it was a beautiful weekend - adventures, new friends, musical insights and late nights! (that's probably why I am happy to be home in my PJ's today)

So, back to the Title of this Blog..... "Hey! Can I Move Your Piano Outside?"
I have been using some promo pix (see the pretty one in the side bar) that depicts yours truly at a piano in a field. Over the past few days, 3 people have asked me, "HOW did you get that piano outside?" Funny HOW things come in 3's. I think it's synchronicity and time to discuss HOW this actually happened!!! I assure you folks it did, twice actually...

1. The piano is actually outside at the Taos Pueblo. In the picture on my FB page and on the "Let It Rain" CD cover, you can actually see beautiful Taos mountain in the background! (hint: are you on my fan page? no? well then just simply click the I Like link on the upper right side of this blog!)

2. I owe this adventure to one my dearest friends in Taos, Arius Damien Reyna. And here's how it started...
You see, when we were planning the photo shoot, I truly envisioned pictures of me on a piano in a field and knew there had to be a way to bring this vision to fruition...
so, I thought
hmmmmmmm, I live in a lovely townhouse (aka the Blis Palace) with a zeroscaped back yard because I don't like to water and every thing that I plant dies..... My little upright Steinway Piano lives up a flight of stairs and we play together almost every day
Not ideal for this scenario
Arius lives at Taos Pueblo on around 1/2 an acre of gorgeous land with a stunning view of Taos Mountain. He hardly ever uses his piano!!!

3. SO, OF COURSE IT MADE PERFECT SENSE FOR ME TO ASK MY BEST FRIEND IF I COULD MOVE HIS PIANO OUTSIDE!! Right? sorta? In my mind it seemed like a very important question worth asking
And he said YES

It took 3 people, the hardest part was lifting it over a small drainage ditch around the field. But I say we persevered!! (And then we did it once again for a video which unfortunately never got edited)

So here's the lesson: If you have a vision, You CAN make it happen!
And a special dear thanks to the Amazing Karen Kuehn, the photographer - KarenKuehn.com
She is a talented beautiful gem & I am blessed to have had the opportunity to work with her
AND of course to have such a dear friend who would say SURE when I asked, "Hey! this sounds a little nuts (my friends expect these sorts of things) But can I move your piano outside?"

Life is the adventure you make it out to be, so my Babies, LIVE IT, LOVE IT & Enjoy the Ride!!
Kisses to You
Meredith

Comments

  1. today i was listening to bon jovi and i thought of you... the way you phrase things...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts