Creating Your Own Vision Board!!

While recovering from my birthday festivities, I took some down time and  a super-amazing e-book came across my path….  “The Complete Guide to Vision Boards” wow!  

I am such a believer in synchronicity, and it’s no wonder that this fabulous e-book by Christine Kane came across my path just as I was pondering my goals & dreams for the upcoming year.  Making a Vision Board is such an amazing, powerful, creative and fun way to create a picture of your life, affirm who you are, and manifest your goals.  

(you can get a free copy of this book by going to ChristineKane.com and signing up for her mailing list)
How does one begin this Masterpiece of Manifestation?

Todays Article shares my experience & some easy steps to Creating Your Own Vision Board!!
What a perfect way to begin my next trip around the sun :)


How to Create Your Masterpiece of Manifestation In a Few Simple Steps

 What is a Vision Board?
Simply ….
It’s a Big Old Poster with images, words, decorations created by YOU!  
Technically? A Vision Board is a pictorial representation of what you want to manifest in your life. 
Why?
If any of you are fans of ‘The Secret’ this is all about the Law of Attraction.  
A Vision Board lays out pictures that represent our goals and dreams on a big poster.  It's a powerful & fun way for us to clarify, affirm & manifest the vision for the life we want to lead.
What we Picture and Encourage in our lives – tends to create our reality…..
READY TO GET STARTED??!?!
1.  Get Clear!!!   
Think about your vision…. 
Take a moment of quiet contemplation and think about your life & your dreams by  aligning with your deeper self.  You can journal, lie down, sit back in your favorite chair, find a place that gives your peace.  Listen to what comes up.  Remember to pay attention to the simple things that will bring you joy & fulfillment.  Your vision board can be anything from getting more sleep to a penthouse in nyc.  Don’t underestimate the importance of this first step.
And?  There are no limits!!!
2.  MATERIALS 
Cost: $3.50
Poster Board - $1.00
Glue - $2.50
Paste is recommended – I couldn’t find any – so Rubber Cement worked just fine – (but be sure to open the windows unless you like a glue ‘high’) According to Kristine, avoid Elmer’s Glue because it will crinkle/bubble over time.  Scissors /  Markers / Glitter / Whatever makes you creative? Go get it!

3. MAKE SOME SPACE
Take a moment to create a work space on your desk, table or?  The living room floor worked just fine for me!  Play some music.  I used Miles Davis, "Kind of Blue"  One of my all time favs - it created a nice relaxing mood.  Maybe light some candles - whatever ritual makes you feel open and peaceful.  Also, plan a time when you won't be interrupted.
4.  PICTURES
Gather these through Magazines, Cards, OR? I did it on the Internet!  Buying a ton of magazines can be expensive….
I even typed some visionary words into google and chose from the images (dragged into a folder on my desktop and sorted em later)  It’s amazing cause I found things that I wouldn’t have thought of.  Words/Phrases are fine too! Anything Goes!  Stay open and you will be amazed at what comes up.  
For example….  I typed in Joy and randomly an image stating   “Do More Fun Stuff”  appeared.  I need that, sometimes I work too much ;)  Then this adorable cat appeared – He makes me smile and reminds me of the importance of allowing my spirit to play with more abandon.  Energy was another key word for me – that kitten seems to have some of that as well   :)
5.  SORT YOUR IMAGES
Pick the pix that resonate with you! Sometimes you don’t know why… Just make sure that they are in line with YOUR intentions.
All of the visuals in my final board evoke an emotion (positive!) of something I want to manifest.  It might not make sense to anyone else.  For example… My jumping cat? No clue why but he made me smile and what a perfect match for the picture of Play, Have More Fun &  Energy :)
6.  LAY OUT your pictures before your glue
You can do this in any order.  I have mine in little sections – home, love, spirit, career, etc.  But this is YOUR vision – so you get to decide.  However you want it to look is perfect.  Listen to your gut and your reaction as you work with each image – if it makes you feel lighter, joyful or inspired then use it!
Anything that that brings your energy down?  Trash it!   And there are not rules to the shapes or how you cut them.  Remember to have fun and follow your heart.
7.  Leave room in the center for a big happy beautiful PICTURE OF YOU!
8.  GLUE!
And then feel free to add drawings, glitter, anything that brings you inspiration.
9.  DISPLAY IT!
Hang in a place where you can consistently see it and reflect upon it.  For some of us with partners, spouses,families, kids, roommates, I can understand that perhaps you might want to keep your vision more personal.  Put it in your closet - Near your bed – a drawer – in your office.  You can also follow the same format and make a Vision Journal/Book.  Realize that those around you don’t have to understand or participate – it’s about you.  You don’t need anyone else’s permission to dream!!!

Thoughts are Things….  What we think about-creates the life around us & a Vision Board is an amazing way to create results
By taking the time to think about our path, dreams and then taking a hands on approach towards our manifestation,  we allow ourselves to create a true vision for our lives. 

Comments

Popular Posts