5 All Natural Cold Remedies


Hello Friends!

Well some say tis’ the season to be Jolly!  But lately it seems?
Sometimes Tis also the season to be Sniffly!!
For the first time in a long while.... I have a cold
:( and as I gather all of my All Natural Remedies,
I thought it might  be nice to share them with you!

 5 All Natural Cold Remedies!

(all available at Whole Foods/Whole Body or any natural food store)

1.  UMCKA Cold Care 

This tincture (means it comes in a little dropper bottle) is made by Nature’s Way.  I recommend the Original Drops.   This is a homeopathic formula.
It seriously reduces the duration & severity of cold symptoms.

2.  Oregano Oil

This is also a tincture and a very powerful antibiotic, anti-microbial.  I recommend the brand Oreganol.  Yes, the initial purchase is expensive but it will last years.  In addition to strengthening the immune system and staving off infection, it also helps with sinus congestion & sore throat symptoms.  Use 2-3 drops in a glass of water (2-3 times a day) or I just use one drop under my tongue every few hours.  Take it easy- use tiny drops! Cause this stuff is potent.

 3.  Gargle with Salt Water

As a kid, my mom always made me do this when I had a sore throat.  It helped but I never realized how powerful it is because it’s so simple.  Just a 1-2 tsp in an 8 oz glass of warm water will help to kill infection in the throat, soothe the irritated tissues & help to prevent respiratory infections.  Also when you tilt your head it will often drain out through the nose which helps to clear the sinuses.  Gross I know, but hey you wanna feel better, right? Gargle away, make funny noises and don’t swallow it!

4.  Bronchial Soothe
This is one deserves a star.  It’s an all natural cough syrup made from Ivy Leaf.  It will stop coughing immediately and also help you to expectorate gently.  If you’re a vocalist, coughing is really rough on your cords.

5.  Netti Pot
This is a little pot with a big spout.  You mix a solution of approx ½ tsp of salt with warm water and run it through your sinuses.  It will come with more detailed instructions.  This helps to effectively & gently clear out the sinus cavities which means a lot less blowing and sniffling!!

6.  One More.... Bonus!  Sambucus Syrup
You can buy the regular or the one with additional herbs for immunity.  Once again this is made by Natures Way.
It’s made from elderberries (they are similar to smurfberries, just kidding) Good for coughing, soothing sore throat, bronchial inflammation, and building immunity.  It’s very sweet so a great choice for kids ;)

Anything else YOU recommend?  Would love to hear about it

And don’t forget the 2 most simple things
REST (getting sick is often the bodys way of making you slow down and you need extra rest to heal)
And WATER!  Helps flush the system and keep tissues hydrated which also promotes the healing process
Now I’m gonna take my own advice and rest!!
xo
Meredith

Comments

Popular Posts