Finding *Peace* Within

I had a ‘little moment’ last month when I was feeling very swirly and whirlwindy!! 
While at a friends house, I took notice of a pretty little wall hanging she had.   In the midst of my chaos, I paused for a moment and read it very carefully .  This little paragraph shifted my brain.  And then I took a picture and made it the home screen on my phone as a reminder.
OH!  the crazy irony is that I had given it to her!!!

It was the words of one of my favorite peace-makers-
The Dalai Lama.  I feel that his presence alone brings peace of mind.
(if you have Netflix, there are videos of him speaking on there!!)
I find that the pure joy he brings to every moment is also an inspiration.
 
The True Meaning Of Peace

The most important factor in maintaining peace within oneself.
in the face of any difficulty, is one-mental attitude.

If it is distorted by such feelings as anger, attachment or jealousy, then even the most comfortable environment will bring one no peace.

On the other hand, if one's attitude is generally calm and gentle, then even a hostile environment will have little effect on one's own inner peace.

Since the basic source of peace and happiness is one's own mental attitude, it is worthwhile adopting means to develop it in a positive way.
His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama


It made me think….

The most powerful peace is the peace that comes from within.  The peace that allows us to remain still when the winds of change are swirling around us.
Perhaps it's the calm inside that gives us the confidence to stand strong.
Nothing can shake us when we recognize our true light within.   Connect with the sacredness of that candle, allow it to glow and shed light on other peoples darkness.  When people try to snuff it out, fan the flame to glow brighter.  Don't fear that too much light will outshine others.  Use it in service, to light a path and to help other people find their way.
Perhaps? Peace is the steady burning light within us….
The most powerful peace is the peace we can access inside.  It gives us strength & radiance.
And the first step to creating a peace in the world around us, is to create a peace of mind within ourselves….

Til Next Time
May your peace and your inner light be your guide
xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts