A Powerful Lesson That I Learned While Searching for My Missing Cat


On April 9th, 2019, my beloved fluff, feline angel went missing.
It is now officially week 4 in my journey of pet recovery.  And I must admit, this situation has been one of the most harrowing experiences I’ve been thru ….  (and I’ve seen a lot of dirt!)

However, this search has also offered me some powerful insights & lessons.
One of the most incredible ones has been:  The Kindness of People.
My heart is deeply touched by the caring and assistance that people have showed me.  Words cannot express my gratitude for the support of both my friends and total strangers.

Along the way, every door I knocked on was receptive and helpful.  Every friend with whom I spoke was loving & understanding.  Every stranger with whom I shared my situation was sympathetic.  We postered the neighborhood and random people texted me with advice and words of support!
Neighbors in my apartment complex reached out frequently with sightings.   People helped me case the woods & crawl spaces calling for her.  Strangers allowed me to set up wildlife cams on their property!
Every step of the way, I have been in awe and appreciation of people and I hope to maintain that feeling of gratitude.

I've always been a
“No worries, don’t need your help, I'll do this myself” kind of gal ...                       

 
And you know what?  I think I'm finally figuring out ...
+ We’re not in this life Alone
+ No ‘Human’ is an island
+ Sometimes we all need a little boost
+ It’s Ok to ask for help

It was incredible to discover, that when I mustered up the courage to reach out, I connected with some amazing people who showed up happily to lend a hand.

And....  What a reminder to self to embrace the importance of helping OTHERS!
It’s easy to get caught up in our own crazy.  It can be super grounding and heart opening to show up for our friends or even help someone with something small - open a door, leave a space in traffic, carry a bag of groceries, buy a stranger coffee, text someone who’s going through a rough path …  You get the picture :)
A kind of magic occurs when we show light & kindness to people

AND when we allow ourselves to accept a helping hand
from those around us !

 
Meantime, I maintain the faith, that the next time we connect?
I will look forward to sharing some fabulous pix of my reunion with my wonder fluff, Shakti
Til then
Much Love to you
Meredith

PS if you have pets?  friendly reminder to  triple check your window screens!
(or don’t fully open the windows :)

Comments

Popular Posts