'not the average girl from your video'

Hello Again!  So, I am changing up this Blog Business today.... No Book reviews or spiritual insight (ha!ha!) about the dawning of the new age.  Today it's a bit of Blis-Ness (as in 'business' aren't I clever?)
'Video'  not it's not about Indie Arie either.  Albeit, 'Video' is definitely one of my happy songs, so it feels good to quote it, but today? in reference to what?
WELL, we are the stages of planning and early filming of the First ever Meredith Blis Video.
Scared?  (well, I am- maybe a little)
My beautiful friend, Moon Essene, approached me to ask if she could film me and my music.  Since my dream is to finally put something up on UTube - I said 'yes!'  (that's Kismet - see track #7 on the new CD - something that is meant to be - in Yiddish we call it 'Beshert' - OMG, I sound like my mom!) But we decided to something more....

WHY is this NOT your 'average video' ?
Because we are working on this project to promote education about Sexual Assault Crimes, Foster Healing for Survivors, And to spread the word about available resources like RAINN.

As some of you know, as part of this CD Release, I have partnered with RAINN (rape, abuse, incest national network), the nations largest anti-sexual charity  (will write more on that in another blog someday, soon!).  One of the songs on the CD,  "The Birds & The Bees"  (sexual assault in the u.s.) details statistics of sexual assault crimes  (every 2 minutes in the u.s. alone, someone is sexually assaulted...).   That is our goal, get this song out there for awareness which equals prevention.  

So, drumroll please.... In early April, we will have a Video of "The Birds & Bees" featuring yours truly, Some Beautiful Friends in cameo, Facts about Assault, Taos Mountain, My friend Arius's Piano in a Field... Kid Rock, Angelina Jolie, a Time Capsule, and a SpaceShip which will deliver pictures from Venus, where we know the stats are lower for Assault Crimes...  That's all I am sharing for now  -  I don't want to give too much away!  And stay tuned, that way you will see which highlights were For Realz....  
We were supposed to film outside this eve at sunset, but we may be thwarted by the snow forecast....  Meantime, keep you posted!! 

AND for  more information about RAINN - log onto  RAINN.org - they offer 24/7 hotlines (via phone 1-800-656-HOPE and via instant messaging on the site)  free legal counsel for survivors, and educational programs to raise awareness.  Wanna donate?  BUY a CD! (cdbaby.com/cd/blis3)  OR we just set up a direct link to my Rainn-maker Page  (rainn-maker?  one who dances around the country raising awareness and money for RAINN,  - like myself....)And you can make a donation here:)All proceeds will be donated to the RAINN 24/7 campaign to keep their hotlines open 24/7!
http://RAINNmakers.rainn.org/u.cfm/meredithblis
 Til' we meet again, sending you love , light and many blessings,  Meredith Blis

Comments

Popular Posts