5 Life Lessons Learned While Floating on a River

The magic of summer seems to be slipping by …. I hope you are taking the time to absorb the light and fun times that the sunshine can bring!
Last week, I had a friend visit from nyc.  We took a little TN vacation and went tubing!
So, todays article, 5 Life Lessons I Learned while Floating on a River
Takes us to? The River!!  (unfortunately Al Green was not there...)


Crazy things can happen when you mix the wonders of nature with the world of Dollywood
I traveled 3 loops via roller coaster! (went on that one twice!) – sped up a mine shift at a 90* angle (well, ok, it wasn’t a real mine) – got lost in Smokey Mtns National park (yeah, we followed the wrong sign for the trail head)
That's a pic of our little cabin






5 Life Lessons Learned while Floating on a River

1. When in Doubt? Do!
Well, at first we almost didn’t go – it was late in the day, getting a little cool and we questioned our mission… Typical example of the logical mind attempting to ruin the adventure! When in doubt? Do! So glad that we did

2. Allow the tide to carry you
Of course, we need to paddle in order to start moving. In order to get going, life does require some effort. But when we do the work we have also created powerful momentum. It’s amazing how easily we can glide when we allow ourselves to sail with that energy.

3. Trust you are protected
In the beginning, every time I got close to the sharp rocks – yikes! I was fearful! Then it was amazing … my little tube just simply bounced off of them. Wow. This was a powerful lesson in enabling me to relax and trust… With a little bit of faith usually it all works out.

4. Don’t fight the current
Sometimes the going gets rough but if you start pushing against the current you are going to fall into the rapids. Or worse, work twice as hard and get very little accomplished. Breathe, Go with it – And I know sometimes it feels like life is moving too fast. But when you enjoy the ride? Those moments can be the most fun!

5. Sometimes you sail best when holding a friends hand.
A great moment was at the end. Kristin and I were each in our tubes but holding hands as we traveled. It made it easier to glide. Never forget the small ways we can offer friendship and support to people.
Wish I had a pic. But alas no cameras on the river.

Rule 5.5 Please remember sometimes to leave your phone at home and enjoy being in the moment!!
6. (Addendum advice)
Take a listen to the Original, “Take me to the River” written by the Rockin’ Reverend Al Green.

Before I sign out I want to introduce you to my amazing friend & travel buddy. She was visiting TN, directly from the Brooklyn Borough.
In my world her magical music is reminiscent of the wonder of Florence + the Machine.   Listen Here to  K. Page and Sleepwalkers Parade
For those of you in NYC?  Check Them Out!  She and her band are incredible live!

Til’ Next Time
Take me to the River & Drop me in the water cuz that’s where Mermaids are supposed to be anyway

Comments

Popular Posts