Creating a Mind Set for Success

Being Successful does not mean your Life is Perfect.....

Success is being happy because you have a clear plan & are working towards your dreams
Here are some tips to help. In classes we really talk about them in detail & share ideas to help each other work through the challenging ones.

Read the list see if any jump out at you?
(Be honest with yourself, no one is going to step in and makes these shifts for you!)
Consider 3 things...

1. Are there things on this list that you are already doing? Are there things that come naturally to you so you easily incorporate them? Well, then take a moment and give yourself a Hurrah!!!!!!!
2. Are there things listed that you might be doing or not doing that might be hindering your successful mindset?
3. What are some steps that you can take to try and improve that area & bring awareness to shifting that habit or thought pattern?

I'll share this story, last night I was talking to a Voga student who is having some challenges in her Yoga teacher training. Reality is that she is doing GREAT! But when things start to change around you, even when they are positive, it can seem difficult. She said, "It's helpful for me to know that my teachers have had challenges too."
(She reminded me that it can be powerful to share vulnerabilities!)

So I will share the one on the list that I realized was hugely in my way...
#6- Time Management Skills- Respecting my time and my work.
This one is a challenge for me...  So,I am working on becoming a better planner... Now when I want to focus on creating course material or schedule songwriting time? First thing is, I clear the decks and schedule the time to get the work done! Second,  I turn my phone off, leave it in a different room, minimize distractions and let people know, "sorry I can't speak with you, hang out, etc right now..... I am busy!"
These are 2 major steps for me- and I'm still working on it. But this little shift is starting to make a huge difference in my productivity. I hope there is something on the list that you can pinpoint that will help you too!!

So Here's the List....
11 thoughts for a Successful Mind-Set

  1. Count your blessings Not Your Problems
  2. Actively Support your Peers & Build Genuine Relationships
  3. Do Not criticize, belittle, disrespect others especially those in your field
  4. Knowledge is Power - Never stop learning & growing.
  5. Learn from all of your experiences, & successful people
  6. Incorporate Time Management skills - Respect your time and Respect your work
  7. Write Down your Goals and Plan your steps
  8. Surround yourself with positive people, things
  9. Take Care of Your Temple (fitness, nutrition, meditation, rest)
  10. Build a Team
  11. Believe in Yourself (if possible avoid all people who do not) AND Celebrate your Victories!!!

I know there are many more, drop a line back and share Your Thoughts too!

Well, I do hope that you will join me next Tuesday, 3/20 @ 7pm CT for the teleconference. Register Here At the end of the call, I will open the lines to answer your questions & offer a special gift! Also, remember the first 10 people to sign up get a Free Skype coaching session! If you are not available to listen in on the conference, drop a line back, let me know you’re interested and I will send you an Mp3!

Thank You for the Inspiration and Here's to You and Your Success!
Love and Light
Meredith

Comments

Popular Posts