"It's the Climb..."


Hello Beautifuls! 


This last week has been extraordinary in Blis-Land.  As I type, I realize that maybe I say that a lot….  Most days I feel pretty blessed to be in a beautiful city with incredible  (and talented) friends pursuing my passions of writing, making music & teaching.  But…..  I understand that for all of us, present company included, life isn’t always roses and ice cream ;)  We all traverse hills and valleys!

And that’s the focus of todays article -  finding the inspiration to stay true to ourself & 
our dreams when it feels like we’re Climbing Everest and we fear that we’ll never make it.

That’s me and my amazing, talented friend, Alayna Carroll (AlaynasMusic.com) At the TSAI Awards Banquet last weekend. Celebrating!!

Coming up…..

Stay tuned for a Very Special Surprise in next weeks letter!!!  I almost want to give it away,
but I’ll be able to share it soon enough.  :)


 

 
"It's the Climb..."

As I mentioned this week was super exciting -  I had an awesome evening attending the TSAI (Tennessee Songwriters Association International) Awards Banquet. 

Some of you might remember – I was nominated as “Songwriter of the Year”  for the  song, “88 Reasons”  (co-written with Grant Reiff & the title track of his CD!!) Wowee!!!

 Well, I didn’t win.  But I’m feeling ok about it.  See the pic with my friend Marianne who took me for a celebration dinner on Sunday (check out the insane festive dessert?!!?)

This may sound cheesy, but the on the way home from dinner, I heard the Miley Cyrus song, “The Climb” (written by Jessi Alexander & John Mabe).  It made me smile because it reminded me both why and how people find the strength to keep on climbing even when the path feels rocky or bleak.

Here are some thoughts that the song inspired……
“I can almost see it.  That dream I'm dreaming, but there’s a voice inside my head, saying you’ll never reach it…..”

1. Never forget the Courage it takes to live your life on your terms and follow your dreams.   Read that again if you are an artist and you’re having a bad day. 

 2.  Remember that every morning when you wake up and write, paint, sing, care for your family, etc….(whatever your passion is) that means YOU ARE STILL IN THE GAME!  The only way to win is to not give up.  And the only way you lose is to stop climbing.

 “There's always gonna be another mountain, I'm always gonna wanna make it move”3.  No Matter Where you are Now –  starting out the journey or wildly successful -  when you keep on walking, There is Always going to be another mountain to move, another goal to keep climbing towards.

"Every Step I'm takin', Every Move I make, 
Feels lost with no direction, My faith is shakin',
But I gotta keep tryin',
Gotta keep my head held high"

4.  On those days where you feel directionless and your faith is shaky?  Remember It’s OK, it’s a moment & it happens to most of us.  We all cope with doubt and unmet expectations.   The best way through it is Focus on your achievements big and small!!!

(see I did win a gift bag and the presents inside made me smile….)


"The struggles I'm facing,  The chances I'm taking,  Sometimes might knock me down,  but No I'm not breaking”

 5.  Yes, my dears, it is about "The Climb" – It’s the moments that we get through that give us the strength to keep on going! 
Look back at your most fearful or disappointing times….
If you’re still here reading this e-mail?  Then guess what?  YOU DIDN’T BREAK, YOU MADE IT THROUGH!  And that ensures that you DO have the strength to do it again.

When we look back,  I think the idea of The Climb reminds us that we are the Complete Picture of ALL of the events that have brought us to this moment - a beautiful compilation of EVERY step we have taken. 

“It isn’t about how fast you get there or what’s waiting on the other side” 

Sending some comfy hiking boots, a water bottle and huge hoorah!  To help you keep climbing on the journey towards your dreams

Love and Light

Meredith











Comments

Popular Posts