"Life is What Happens When We Make Other Plans"

(Note: the original Lennon lyric is,
'life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans')
So, in late October I announced my goal of 30 days of songwriting … . I officially made it to day #17 and blogged daily through day #13. SO, What Happened? Please refer to the news above! When this opportunity came my way I jumped on it which shifted my focus - I had to dedicate my time to setting up and laying down the foundation for this studio. Part of me is disappointed, but I am still proud of the 2 -12 hour writing immersions that I did, the new skills, new material, & progress that this concept created for me.
SO, once things are rolling, you bet I am going to do it again!

Often in life, we are on a path towards a goal, step by step we are making progress and seemingly out of nowhere – Boom! something unexpected happens. This surprise often creates a radical (and sometimes uncomfortable) shift in our circumstances.
Suddenly, we are forced to change our plans as well as Our Perception of what we thought our path was. That one can be tricky!
If we are able to keep a positive mindset - often we discover that the shift brings us to a place of strength that we never imagined or it opens an amazing opportunity. The key is to stand tall in the face of change, keep an open mind and remember to count your blessings, not your problems. It's important to learn to see the reality of what Is as opposed to getting stuck in what things are supposed to be.

But still the question … .
Is real life in the direction we were going? Or is it the new road that has appeared?
I think it's Both!
Either way it's what you are living day to day that counts.
There is no right or wrong. Sometimes life just forces us to take a different path towards our destination. And don't let that change stop you from living!
The only thing that we can do for sure is be flexible and roll with it.

"Life's a journey, not a destination"
Thank You to Steven Tyler for singing it! ('Amazing') However, this quote is originally attributed to R.W. Emerson.
It's a good perspective.
And at the end of the day, the surest thing we can rely on is not what's behind us or in front of us but what lies within us.

So go ahead, Make your plans! Be Fabulous! But don't be surprised if Life has something even better in store for you
Love, Light and Blessings on your journey,
Meredith

Comments

Popular Posts