My New 4 Letter Word for Brave Is... HELP

Help :) - My New 4 Letter Word For Brave

Unfortunately for me, Help is somewhat akin to a ‘4 letter word’ (I know it IS a 4 letter word, but I mean the ones we’re not supposed to say ;)
 I think it’s hard for many of us to reach out when we need to do.  And the hardest moments are often when we need the most help….

 There seems to be an unspoken belief in our culture that asking for help is a sign of weakness.  Something I’ve recently learned is that the contrary is actually true – it takes a lot of strength to look at a situation and say, “hey this is bigger than me, I need help.”  I've now realized... THAT'S BRAVE!

 On Friday, getting Laryngitis was a code red for me!
Remember when Ariel, the little mermaid, gives her voice to the evil queen, Ursula, and literally can’t speak?  Well, that was Me…..
After the panic subsided- my first thought was,  I Need Help.  So I exhaled…. And

 + Emailed my vocal coach, Cari Cole 
She immediately pinpointed the steps I needed to take that I was overlooking!! Tons of water (I was dehydrated)  vitamin D (As a semi-vegan, I ought to be doing that everyday and I had let it slip!) & Elderberry syrup (I had taken it out of the cabinet a few days prior and forgotten to take it!!) and fyi this stuff is magical for both a sore throat and laryngitis

 + Scheduled a massage
Massage is not only a feel good thing! It can restore a tired voice like magic and it also is good for keeping the vocal instrument free of tension.   From a healing perspective it releases toxins and frees energy in the body. After the massage my voice was back 30%

 + Texted the acupuncturist
Being sick is often the result of blocked energy - especially in the throat chakra. Those tiny needles are an amazing, easy, relaxing & powerful way to mend the body. And they don’t hurt ;)  After the appt on Sunday I could speak clearly again!

+ Reached out to a regular yoga student
I asked if she would be willing to help me facilitate Saturdays Class.  Singing mantras and explaining certain kriyas. Also, instead of pushing myself, (another lesson of healing ;) I incorporated a Video of a Yoga Master teaching a lecture and leading a meditation.  It was brave for me to take a step back but, The class enjoyed the change of pace!
 
 Taking the steps to Wellness are sometimes hard but that’s where the healing journey begins. 
It was also so powerful for me to realize that the people in my community were happy to step in and HELP!!
 Sharing your truth with the people around you is also a key, I realized.... It’s ok to say you’re in the rabbit hole!!  It’s hard for me to admit when I feel like sh** (real 4 letter word) to people.  But by being honest and not pretending it was all good?  The people around me rallied, they checked in, helped me with projects, sent healing thoughts, and reminded me they cared. There’s a lot of rabbit hole magic in that kind of energy
 I will admit….
It took me til’ today to actually take someone up on their offer of “Can I bring you anything”  So, I don’t have this all down yet…. But I am getting braver!!!

Love, Light and Healing Blessings!  Meredith
M

Comments

Popular Posts