Rock Star Tip of the Week: THE POWER OF A POSITIVE MIND-SET


This might not be a vocal exercise but it is one of the most important things to keep you striving towards success!!

I was recently working with a student, and she started telling me about some new 'industry' people she met while out and about. They were talking about the usual things... the demise of the industry, there's no hope in country/pop market for new writers, and how hard it is to make it in music. I could immediately hear the fear in her voice and hopelessness beginning to set in.

I encouraged her to re-affirm her goals and reminded her about the power of our thoughts in manifestation - and suggested it would serve her to stay far away as possible from negative influences and voices.... She said, "How do you stay so positive?" I answered "There's no other way, the only way to manifest our dreams is by staying positive and surrounding ourselves by positive people & influences." (side note: make no mistake, I have moments of doubt too! it's important for everyone to develop the skills and a team to help you turn it around!!)

Comments

Popular Posts