Vision Questing with my Inner Mermaid and... An Easy Vision Questionnaire to Uncover Your Unique Voice...

In my new little e-book, entitled 'Connecting & Creating: Your Voice, Your Vision and Your Performance' I talk about the power of understanding who you are as an artist, embracing your strengths and discovering your message. The focus of the chapter & the questions below is to help you connect with your passions. This understanding helps us to stay connected to who we are as we create a vision for our creativity. When we take the time to acknowledge our unique voice, we bring clarity to our expression which enables us to connect more deeply with our audience.

Are You Ready?
I thank you for taking this Vision Quest with me!  Take a look at the questions below and I hope that this process will help You to connect more deeply with your vision and Your Inner _______? Let me know how it goes!
  •  Question #1 - Is there anything out there that you are inexplicably drawn to? (bears, turtles, lions, sunflowers ??)
  •  Question #2 - Look more closely. What are your 5 favorite reasons and why?
  •  Question #3 - What does that tell you about who you are?
  •  Question #4 - What does that tell you about your Image? Your Vision?
  •  Question #5 - How can you embody this in your art & your expression?
Here I Go!
QUESTION #1: MERMAIDS
After all these years, I finally sat down to think more deeply about my logo & my love for the Sirens of the Sea.... (We can talk about the piano part another time... for now, suffice to say, the first time I sat a piano I was able to play and I was entranced :-)

I have to say, before focusing on this article, I never really thought about my love for mermaids. They were just a piece of mythology (or are they a myth? Lol) that I have been drawn to since childhood. Coincidentally? Mer translates as The Sea. And Meredith translates as Protector or Lord of the sea. Originally it was a male name?!? And ironically.... I was almost named Michael, (yes even though I was a girl). So I guess ending up as Meredith means I'm on my true mermaid path....

QUESTION #2: My 5 favorite things about Mermaids & Why.... 
1. Beautiful & Graceful
This one is obvious - They move with grace and are usually depicted with beautiful flowing hair and there is usually a loveliness and sweetness in their presence.  (see the famous JD Waterhouse painting)

2. Magical
I don't know for sure.... But mythology often presents them as having magical powers. I'm not looking for a career in mysticism but I think that's pretty neat.

3. Calm & Contented & Peaceful & Playful
Never have seen a picture of a Mermaid fighting, but there is always a silent strength & joy in their presence. Love that!

4. Goddess-like
I mean their true connection is to the Sea. That means the beauty of the tides, the moon, waves washing on the shore, pearls, underwater caverns & reefs, hanging out with all different types of fantastical fish friends, swimming all day. They seem to embody a sense of the Divine Feminine.

5. Sirens of the Sea & Mythology
Yes, I know if you ask Odysseus, he is not particularly thrilled with the powers of the Sirens he encountered on his journey. The story is that their enchanting voices lured sailors to shipwrecks. Yikes! I'm not interested in luring anybody to a shipwreck, but an enchanting voice? Yeah, I'll go with that!

This has been kinda cool! Looking at my passion for Mermaids opens a whole new level of connecting with my creative self. And it adds a layer to what I can express with my music, production, vision and message!
So Now You Try It!!
  •  Question #1 - Is there anything out there that you are inexplicably drawn to? (bears, turtles, lions, sunflowers?)
  •  Question #2 - Look more closely. What are your 5 favorite reasons and why?
  •  Question #3 - What does that tell you about who you are?
  •  Question #4 - What does that tell you about your Image? Your Vision?
  •  Question #5 - How can you embody this in your art & your expression?
Happy Vision Questing!!!

Now? As I begin the writing process and creating for an upcoming record Yes, you read that correctly!!! details tba....!!! Perhaps I will start by connecting with my inner Mermaid.....  Even maybe visioning on a rock in the NM Hot Springs?

PS - One outstanding question....
I wonder if mermaids are vegetarian? Do they eat their fish friends? Yikes! Or survive on seaweed?
That would be a bad thing, Yes I am a veg but I detest seaweed!

Comments

Popular Posts