Day #1: 30 Days of Songwriting

I originally titled this post Day #0 and then changed it to Day #1.....
Ok, then why did I even bother with a Day #0?
Because it's huge part of this journey which was first entitled 30 songs in 30 days is now 30 Days of Songwriting.  I had made the bar so high that I almost quit before I began.
The crux here was a lesson for me in learning to make  goals  that inspire me & not tire me before I even begin!!!
For more details, please see the post entitled 30 songs in 30 days.

Before I left for my trip to NM.  I was SO excited to start, I couldn't wait to get home and kick some songwriting ass.  A lot of synchronicity on my trip seemed to foretell that this was the right direction and it was gonna rock.
Then?  After a week running around the wild southwest, including a music conference, radio spot, house concert, visiting a zillion friends, working on my home in Taos and a 13 hour journey home to Nashville.  As today approached I was still pretty fatigued and I had a ton to catch up during the day.

I tried to write late tonight and Actually, I 'm gonna change that.  I DID come home half alive from teaching Yoga Class, decline a social engagement and Write for over an hour.  So my work on this tune is not going to get me into the Hall of Fame?  I still wrote.
And that is Day #1 of my 30 Days of Songwriting :)

Comments

Popular Posts