Day #5: 30 days of Songwriting

The Immersion ......  12 hours of writing!
Well, first, I am still alive and feeling pretty satisfied with todays adventure!!

Day started @ 9:30am and right at the starting line, I broke the rules!  oops! But, I HAD to finish that song from the other day.  "Catch me if you can" is now complete!
Then a weird coincidence (are there coincidences?), out of the blue.... the friend who had originally given me the lyric concept sent me a txt.  We have not spoken in ages.  That was one of the moments during the day when I almost lost my mojo and wanted to go out and play instead :)

I also completed another song with lyrics called, "After the Rain"  I kind of like it too!

5 songs total, the other 3 of  are instrumentals.... Cool thing, I actually "composed" a bit with my stave paper.  Can't even remember the last time I did that.  Would have liked to have gone further with that piece, (which was inspired by an e.e. cummings poem) but felt like I had to keep moving because I spent a fair amount of time on the first song.
And I really got to work with the Midi / sounds / layering / editing on GarageBand for the first time.  FUN!!  Next immersion, that might go a bit more quickly

At 8 hours and 10 hours definitely had some moments of a fuzzy head and feeling like maybe I could stop.  But I DID IT!  And I look forward to doing it again soon.

So, I'm off for the rest of the night.  And planning on a good nights sleep
:)
Love and Light
M

Comments

Popular Posts