Day #10: 30 Days of Songwriting

"Don't Dim Your Light"

Today was long and fairly productive from the standpoint of actualizing a song.  I connected with my co-writer Kim Franca this morning and we recorded a new song called, "Don't Dim Your Light."  Super Fast uplifting country-esque tune.  It's a new direction for me on a lot of levels, especially since it's  supposed to be sung by a male!!

During our writing sessions I had (obviously!!) been playing it on piano.  We wanted to hear it with guitar - So we made a rough demo with Steve Goodie on guitar (he also engineered- he is great!) and  Kim sang the lead vocal.  Sitting back and hearing someone else play my song is a new, fascinating experience for me.  So fun & interesting!  And it came out  pretty good :)

Afterwards,  we went to ASCAP and worked a little on the chorus melody from the song I wrote last week during my 12 hour immersion.   Then we began clarifying the focus and brainstorming ideas for a new song we are writing.
Overall.... a Good Day.  Really looking forward to Fridays 12 hour immersion which will enable me to have a solid block of time to....  You'll Never Guess?  WRITE!
love, light, & song to you!
Meredith

Comments

  1. I'm so proud of you! Thanks for the Chuck Cannon blog post too! Brilliant and encouraging. I'll be thinking about you when I'm at Taxi! Happy Birthday! Much love, Lani

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts