Day #8: 30 days of Songwriting

Here We Go!  Thievery & The Mundane

Hmmmmm...... an interesting day.  Well, it's 11:30, I need to go to bed and I'm a little sad that I did not have More time to write today.  Seems that the mundane necessary responsibilities of life got in my way.  Bummer!  But this whole adventure has given me a lot of perspective on where my time is being spent and how I can better plan to write more.

A lot of song writers joke (albeit in truth) about 'stealing'  I always feel a little like a thief when I hear a song and think hmmm.....  I could assimilate a piece of that idea ... or  perhaps a line triggers a rhyme for me (actually did not mean to rhyme there, ha!)  But today I heard something on the radio (guess those mundane errands were meant for a purpose!) and it helped me to finalize a verse from a song that I written a little while ago.  I've known for some time that the second verse still needed work but I wasn't sure what!  Really kind of neat how this tune helped me to figure it out! And I'm really excited about the changes to my song :)  

One final thought,   I heard no less than 4 songs on country radio today with the phrase, "Here We Go!"  Is that part of the secret to writing hit country songs??  No disrespect to radio.  It just made me laugh!!
Has Anyone else out there ever noticed that?  Do You know why?

Sweet Dreams and Happy Trails to YOU  xo


Comments

Popular Posts