Day #9: 30 Days of Songwriting

Nothing too Exciting?.....
Maybe I feel that way cause it's 1 am and I would like to go to bed now :)
I am discovering a common theme here? And I guess I will make it goal to figure it out!
Planning better so that I have more time to write ....  OR maybe I just want to ignore most of life and write?  Any ideas for making that work?!?!?

A good portion of Tues-Days are spent writing my newsletter.  And tonight I went to a great show at the BlueBird!!! featuring Deanna Walker, Sage Keffer, Steven Dale Jones & Gordon Kennedy.

I had a co-write cancel today.  So in that time I worked on polishing new material for an upcoming gig this Thursday.  Have been so focused on writing that I need to remember the old tunes and be able to play the new ones in public!
Finally have the scansion (which is the coordination of the melody moving properly with the chords) of the new verse that I talked about yesterday.  And I will playing at least 1 new song for sure.  As well as a newer co-write called, "88 Reasons."  So I guess that's a pretty good day.

OH! and for the first time in ages I made a Chart!  for a new song that my co-writer and I are going to record tomorrow. (just a work tape, but we want to hear it with guitar)  Let you know how that goes!

You know it's nice to write through this stuff.  Helps me see that sometimes I get more accomplished than I think I do!

Thanks for playing along side me
Sweet Dreams and xo
Meredith

Comments

Popular Posts