Day #3: 30 Days of Songwriting

It''s always rough, sometimes we are ready to roll! But then the realities of life force us slow down or twist the path that we want to take.   I think about it that sort of describes my day

I woke up this morning - Early (for me that's often a challenge -lol!) and headed off to a co-write in Antioch with my friend, Grant Reiff.  The session started with some unfortunate distractions.....
 
After some struggle we decided on the title - "Just a little Kiss Won't Do" - the energy of the song was gleaned from a piano riff that he randomly came up with!  Really uptempo and driving and that's exactly what he's looking for on his next album. 

THEN I was psyched to get home and take another look at the song from last night, but alas the responsibilities of life stepped in.  Needed to pay a traffic ticket, plan and teach a yoga class and now off to a Bday Party for a dear friend.  I actually had a peeved off and blue moment while in the car....  Darn this World, I just want to get home and Write.  Well, I'm looking forward to full day tomorrow and respect that Universe is telling me to take this night off.

Also, came across this inspiring gem today.....
"Believe you can and you're halfway there."   Theodore Roosevelt
Thanks Teddy, I think I will do just that :)

Comments

Popular Posts